Life is too short for boring stuff!
So I help software engineers to reach a productive and sustainable pace through continuous refactoring of their code and organization.
I have given talks at various international events: Agile Tour, Devoxx Paris, P3X London, Agile France, DDD Europe, XPDays Benelux, and others.
NewCrafts Paris 2023
(Slow (code) retreat)
"Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work not done--is essential" We're definitely not there yet!
Isn't it time we deal with the stress and burnout that is rampant in the industry?
Let's try slow programming! Using TDD and TCR as neurofeedback tools that will remind us whenever we are rushing, we will experiment with various flavors of mob or solo programming and discover what we enjoy most! Here are the benefits we could expect:
- Less stress, by focusing on what we are doing NOW, in the present moment
- More value creation by focusing on what really matters
- Less technical debt
- Better interactions with colleagues
- More clarity about what to do, easier decision making
- A chance to better tackle the ethical challenges of technology
- Happier families by bringing less stress home
- A form of deliberate practice of zen
- Helping each other!
Join us in this slow dojo!
TDD and Mobbing skills are highly recommended. You can go through the session without them if there are enough TDD and Mobbing savvy programmers that you can pair up with.
You will need a laptop with a development environment. So please:
- Clone the code at
- And follow the instructions to setup the environment in your preferred language.